Taking Cymbalta, Endep and Derelin for treatment of anxiety, panic attacks and fibromyalgia and beningn tremor. Suggest?

Hi I am taking Cymbalta 60mg & 30mg alternate days, plus Endep 20mg at night, plus Derelin 50mg morning & night,
all for the treatment of anxiety, panick attacks, Fibromyalgia pain & benign tremor. Are there any interactions between these drugs. I had a concious collapse & was taken to hospital a week ago, they couldnt work out the reason for it exactly but expected it could have been my heart or blood pressure dropped suddenly very low.
I would very much appreciate your opinion, thank youXXXXX
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 5 hours later

Thanks for posting you query.

Conscious collapse that you experienced could be a syncope or pre-syncope. Such episodes of syncope can occur due to drugs that you are taking.

Cymbalta or duloxetine is a selective norepinephrine receptor inhibitor which can cause sudden drop in blood pressure and collapse.

Other drug that you are taking is endep which contains amitryptiline. Amitryptiline is a tricyclic antidepresent. It can cause irregular heart beats and heart block which can lead to collapse or loss of of consciousness.

An ECG recorded at the time of syncopal episode can help you for diagnosis.

It is better to get evaluated from a cardiologist as there is risk of similar episodes in future.
If you need more information please let me know.

Follow-up: Taking Cymbalta, Endep and Derelin for treatment of anxiety, panic attacks and fibromyalgia and beningn tremor. Suggest? 10 hours later
What about the Deralin, does that cause the blood pressure to drop as well, & does it interact with the other medication???.
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 4 hours later
Thanks for reply.
Deralin(propranolol) has no direct interaction with other medicines but it can cause hypotension or drop in blood pressure.