Taking Clarithromycin and amoxicillin. Eyes turned into yellow. Any connection?

I'm concerned about my husband his eyes have turned bright yellow. He is had a problem with alcohol and we are getting him through it. Sober for going on three weeks but has been having health problems in that short period of time. And he is taking a few new proscriptions. Clarithromycin 500mg amoxicillin 500mg diazepam 10mg
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Avoid alcohol, get evaluated by gastroenterologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Yellow discoloration of eyes may be due to jaundice which may be due to alcohol induced hepatitis in him or some other cause like obstructive jaundice or may be drug induced like amoxycillin itself causes cholestatic jaundice

So I will like to advise him to visit a Gastroenterologist for evaluation and confirming the diagnosis. He may advise for liver function tests, and Ultrasound abdomen to see for obstructive jaundice. If obstructive jaundice is not there then it will be due to either alcohol or drug induced. And has to be treated accordingly. Anyhow he will have to quit alcohol

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.