Taking Clamp for severe cough. No relief. What to do?

I have constant cough for a few weeks now. The doctor I had consulted gave me some medicine. The medicine is Clamp 650mg. The medicine has been no good. Is Can you suggest me an ENT ?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 57 minutes later

Right now there is season going on for cough due to various reasons, allergy being the most common. I know that cough is a very annoying thing and it causes lots of discomfort in day to day life.

The medicine Clamp as you know is an antibiotic, which is very effective drug for respiratory infections.

First of all it is important to know the reason for your cough.

Please visit your like blood counts etc.

In the mean time please try the following which should help.

1. Take more of warm or hot liquids.
2. Avoid fried foods and cold drinks.
3. Keep yourself away from strong smell of perfume etc.
4. Take plain steam inhalation every day at night.
5. Try to use cough lozenges like XXXXXXX or Tus Q, this can help at times like while going to sleep or meeting. This will reduce cough bouts.

Please watch for fever, difficulty in breathing etc. In such case you need to see your doctor. ENT surgeon can only help in case of issues related to upper part of respiratory tract.

Your family doctor is the best person to guide you locally in case the need arises.

I hope this answers your query and clarifies your doubts. Please feel free to ask again in case you have some more queries