Ask a Urologist   »  

Taking Ciprotab for recurrent urinary tract infections

I have most of my life struggled with urinary tract problems im 52 now, on the last occassion took ciprotab 500 seemed to work
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 45 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The urinary tract infections are very common especially in females. The ciprofloxacin is no doubt very much effective but if you repeatedly experiencing urinary tract problems The you should have a urine culture and sensitivity test to find out the causative organism and know the effective antibiotic against it as some bacteria develop resistance to certain antibiotics.

Before going for urine culture and sensitivity, it is recommended to have a urine complete analysis whether you are really having infection or not.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask