Taking Cipro for Urinary tract infection. Discoloration of semen. Frequent painful inconsistent urination, night sweats. Prostrate problem?

I have had a recent urinary tract infection, I am taking cipro. My seaman has turned from white to a XXXXXXX color. Is there something else going on? My urine when tested did not indicate any infection but I was exhibiting the typical symptoms of frequent, painful, irratic, inconsistent urination including night sweats. Could this be a prostate problem or would the cipro cause the discoloration.
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 hours later

I understand your query and concern.
You could have had urinary tract infection, which does not always show in the urine test.
There could be associated prostate infection as well.
Kindlly wait till the course of CIPRO is over. If the color does not become normal, consult your doctor to do semen culture and give prolonged course, for example a month of antibiotic, to eradicate prostate infection.
If urinary infection occurs repeatedly, you need uroflowmetry test to look for obstruction. If confirmed you need medical or surgical for the enlarged prostate.
Hope I answered your query.
Kindly get back for doubts, if any.