Taking Cardura for enlarged prostate and crestor. What effect does a vodka and grapefruit drink result in?

I take Cardura for enlarge prostate and crestor . what effects does a vodka and grapefruit drink ?
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello and welcome,

Interaction of alcohol with most types of medication can result in side-effects and sometimes even serious complications.

Cardura (doxazosin): Can interact with alcohol to result in symptoms like dizziness, light headedness, loss of consciousness, etc. Grapefruit juice has shown to interact with many medications, and amongst them cardura is also present. Patients are advised against combining the consumption of grapefruit juice while on cardura because the juice can increase the effect of this particular medication, resulting in more than required lowering of blood pressure, which can cause some serious complications.

Crestor (rosuvastatin): When mixed with alcohol can cause serious liver damage, which is why it is strictly prohibited to mix alcohol while on this medication. But, crestor has not shown to interact with grapefruit juice; but it still recommended to take the required precautions and discuss the same with your doctor.

I hope this information was helpful. Please feel free to write back to me with any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.