Taking Benicar for high blood pressure. Started taking Zegrad. Side effects?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Just started taking Benicar for high blood pressure. also, taking Zegrad OTC . please advise side effects taking together. Having dizzy sleeps and lightheadedness. Seeing Doctor again on Tuesday.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue with medications.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
Both Benicar and Zegerid OTC can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. This is not a problem of the drugs interacting with each other but that they each have this side-effect.
For some patients, the dizziness caused by Benicar can improve as the body gets used to the drug. If you did not have either of these symptoms whilst on only Zegerid OTC then your symptoms are most likely related to Benicar.
I would suggest persisting with the Benicar until you see your doctor on Tuesday. To help cope with dizzy spells, ensure you take care when standing from the sitting position. Your doctor will be best placed to decide whether to continue with the medication. There are many alternative drugs to choose from for the control of blood pressure.
I hope this has helped you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,