Taking Azathioprine for Crohn's disease. Prescribed with Ramipril for hypertension. Any drug interactions?

Hi, I am a 30 year old male with Crohn's, and I currently take 150mg Azathioprine daily, I am due to start taking Ramipril 2.5mg for high blood pressure, I just need to know do Azathioprine and Ramipril have any interactions when taken together? as I have read online that they may do.

Thanks XXXXXXX Julyan.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Chron's Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Although there are more than 200 drugs which interact with AZATHIOPRINE and more than 500 drugs which interact with ramipril but there is no medical literature which suggests that AZATHIOPRINE and RAMIPRIL have any interaction,when taken together.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck. 
Follow-up: Taking Azathioprine for Crohn's disease. Prescribed with Ramipril for hypertension. Any drug interactions? 4 minutes later
Ok thank you for your answer, it was just that I had read online that ACE Inhibitors ie: Ramipril may increase the risk of the side effects that can be caused by Azathiprine, the lowering of red and white blood cell count?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 minutes later
You are most welcome for any query.
Best of luck