Taking Atripla and trying to conceive. Medication is affecting ovulation and implantation. Suggest the cure?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi Doctor, Im taking Atripla and I now have a condition on my joints, what can I use that will not affect my joints? Im also trying to have a baby and the medication for my joints is affecting my ovulation and implantation.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Find reason for joint pain and treat accordingly.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

How long are you on Atripla?
What is your CD4 count and the viral road.

Your joint pain may be either be due to HIV disease itself or due to opportunistic infections, subsequent to immune defficiency or it may be due to reduced bone mineral density secondary to ART drugs (Tenofovir).
Blood investigations, MRI, and X-ray examinations are able to differentiate the causes and able to fix the diagnosis. Accordingly treatment has to be planned.
If it is due to ART, then you can prefer some ART combination without Tenofovir.
If you want to have baby Efaviranz also better to be changed either with Nevirapine or some PI drugs. But recently Efaviranz is said to be safe in pregnancy
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan