Taking Amlodipine Besylate, potassium and magnesium. Could I take Coq10 for blood pressure?

Excellent
Question
I take 10mg of Amlodipine Besylate daily. I'm trying to take 500mg of Potassium and 500mg Magnesium daily as well. Could I take 15-30mg of Coq10? Would that be helpful with blood pressure? I take .05 mg of Lorazepam. How many hours should I wait before a glass of red wine?
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 48 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

Greetings. The Co-Q will not have an impact on your blood pressure, it may help with your cholesterol profile.

The half life of lorazepam can range from 9 to 24 hours; usually a minimum of 12 hours should ellapse; they can have additive effects since alcohol works on the same receptors as lorazepam (GABA receptors)

Best regards,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN

Follow-up: Taking Amlodipine Besylate, potassium and magnesium. Could I take Coq10 for blood pressure? 13 minutes later
Thank you, Doctor.

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 9 minutes later
Most welcome XXXXXXX best regards