Taking Amlodipine Besylate. Can I take fish oil and multivitamin?

I take 10mg daily of Amlodipine Besylate and wanted to also take fish oil and multivitamin(contains 400iu of Vitamin D) should I space those out throughout the day to avoid lowering blood pressure too much or do they get along well?

1000 mg of fish oil is what I wanted to take.

Also, do you prescribe to the aspirin a day regimen? When I first got on BP medicine they said and an aspirin a day. I take one 325mg.
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 5 days later
Welcome to health care magic
Aspirin is an antiplatelet drug used mainly for heart disease patients.
It has a major role in primary prevention (prophylactic use) heart attacks.
As it has major side effects of upper gastrointestinal bleeding , it's use is mainly depends on the risk benefit ratio.
If you dose not have any symptoms of can take it regularly.
Coming to the other issue fish oil do not reduse your blood pressure, it is to control your lipid level.So you can take it along with anti hypertension medication.
Thank you.
Follow-up: Taking Amlodipine Besylate. Can I take fish oil and multivitamin? 22 hours later
Aspirin does sometimes make my anal area itch and with a trace of blood. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Btw, if I'm on medicine for High blood pressure(had echo and nuclear stress test-both normal) can I sit in steam room/sauna?

I sat in steam room for about 11 min and about 10 min later felt my body hadn't come back down to normal. I felt small pressure in both arms and upper half of body. I found that a Lorazepam and then 1 and 1/2 hours later about 3 sips of red wine and I felt fine.
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 11 hours later
You can use sauna but along with alcohol may cause problems.
Sauna help reduce your blood pressure and stress also.
But it should done under carefull supervision.
Thank you.