Taking Amitriptyline and Lipofen. Having sore mouth. Side effect?

I started taking 25mg of Amitriptyline and 150mg Lipofen about 10 days ago and now I have a painful sore in the roof of my mouth... which would you suspect to be the culprit to cause this type of side affect? I am male 52 wt 209 and this is the only prescription meds I take + some otc fish oil / Omega something.....
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Adverse effect of Amitriptyline

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.

A very frequent side effect of amitriptyline is dry mouth which favors the appearance of sores. Amitriptyline is a medication with antidepressant, sedative action and also effective for neuropathic pain.

What is the condition for which you are taking amitriptyline?

Knowing the condition helps to recommend a drug to replace amitriptyline.