Taking 8 to 10 perks and want to quit with least withdrawal symptoms. Suggest?

Hello Doc., Right now I am taking 8 to 10 perks. a day and I want to quit. Do you have any suggestions on how to quit with the least amount of withdrawal symptoms as possible, I do not have a drug plan, therefore I cannot afford Suboxone. Wha t are your suggestions and what kind of discomfort should I be expecting?
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is still possible to quit

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Opioids are difficult to get rid off, but it is possible and the withdrawal of opioids are never fatal. Although you cannot afford suboxone, you can still gradually reduce the dosage of Opiod and you can start by reducing 10% of dose per day. You might develop, running nose, diarrhoea and abdominal cramps but you have to go through it to get rid of this habit.
It is also possible that you may not experience any side-effect and it varies from person to person. In case if the withdrawal gets sever you should consider visiting an ER.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.