Takes Lisinopril. Blood checked for warfarin.Blood pressure 105/60. Feels dizzy. What should I do?

my husband is 66 years old he takes 10mg of lisinopril last weekend he worked at our block party for 10 to 12 hours outside in the heat and humidity. He went to get his blood checked for warfarin on tuesday and his blood pressure was 105/60 he is complaining about being tired and when he gets up to fast he is slightly dizzy. I said his blood pressure is to low. but he said no it is not. What should he do?
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I can understand your problem.

I suggest you to leave aside those numbers. Your husband is having one of the symptoms of hypotension which is feeling dizzy and tiredness. He requires medical attention at the earliest possible.

We call it hypotension when the top number for a adult is less than 90 (the systolic) and the bottom number is less than 60 (diastolic). If age specific range of blood pressure is taken then your husband's blood pressure falls below the normal range. This could be because of working in hot humid climate which can result in dehydration and low blood pressure.
Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty,
Associate Professor,