Taken unwanted 72, delayed periods, negative pregnancy test. How to start periods?

Question
Though this was not like an accident, but in thought of risk i was take unwanted-72 on 18th XXXXXXX but till the date my period is not restart. My period was in 3rd of jun. i have already tested my pregnancy using a pregnancy tester. please tell me a procedure to reset my period..
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 26 minutes later
h
Thanks for the query
Your details are lacking the required information. I would request to kindly provide me the following detail. After having unprotected sex you took after pills. What was your expexted date of menstruation? What was the result of your pregnancy test and when you had your pregnancy test? The exact date.
Will be waiting for your response
Thanks

Follow-up: Taken unwanted 72, delayed periods, negative pregnancy test. How to start periods? 17 minutes later
this was on 18th of jun when i was taking the pill. my expected menstruation date was on 3rd of july. but till the day i have not face my period. i was test my pregnancy on 10th of july and 10th of september. and the result is negetive, means no pregnent.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 23 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for the reply
The pregnancy test you had is negative which means the pills you have taken has worked however I would suggest you to have a blood pregnancy test known as beta HCG which is an accurate test for pregnancy. If it comes back negative then when can proceed for cycles restart because upto a week delay in cycles is normal but two months delay is not normal therefore my suggestion is to have beta HCG test before going for any further procedure
Feel free for any further queries
Thanks

Follow-up: Taken unwanted 72, delayed periods, negative pregnancy test. How to start periods? 7 hours later
I have already done HCG urine test. but result is negetive. I done it towise.... please give me a suggetion to do my menstruation timely. It was my earlyer problem befor this pill taken. my menstruation is eregular erlier. dr also suggess me various medicine but no changes is done. and after taken pill i found it is almost stope for last 2 month...

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the reply
The beta HCG test is performed in blood not in urine. Also I will suggest you to have a pelvic ultrasound to rule out any underlying pathology. Meanwhile you can use misoprostol tablet half tablet intravaginally for induction of cycles.
A visit to the gynacologist is suggested
Thanks