Taken unwanted 72 before unprotected sex. Will I get pregnant ?

Question
I have taken unwanted 72 in the morning before sex. I had unprotected sex after taking unwanted 72 in the night.
.do i get pregent
Posted Sat, 23 Jun 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Unwanted 72 prevents ovulation or if taken after ovulation prevents transport of sperm and egg. If you have taken the pill within 24 hours of unprotected sex, even if you have taken it prior to having sex, you are protected against the pregnancy. Please do not worry. You need not repeat the dose.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Taken unwanted 72 before unprotected sex. Will I get pregnant ? 3 hours later
I want to be more specific..on 3rd XXXXXXX 12:30Am (night) i had unprotected sex.
In the morning at 10:00Am 3rd XXXXXXX I have taken unwanted 72 pill.
Again 2:00 am in night 4th XXXXXXX i again had unprptected sex.

In short--00 hour -had unprotected sex
After 10 hour - had taken unwanted 72 pill.
Again after 16 hour of taking that pill i had unprptected sex

Please tell that am i safe?? I will not get pregnent??do i need to worry

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
I have read the more specific history. Please do not worry and you need not take the repeat dose of i-pill. You are 99% protected against pregnancy. Please do not worry.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Taken unwanted 72 before unprotected sex. Will I get pregnant ? 2 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX
Thanks for your reply..
I am very much afraid as i recieved the below reply :

- (the unwanted 72 pill can be taken within 72 hours of intercourse and it will give protection.so you are protected for the first act, as you took pill within 10 hours of the act.but this pill said to give complete protection for single act, and as there is delay of 16 hours from taking the pill to intercourse, you better take one more pill.in one cycle more than one pill can be taken.)

Please advise/suggest.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.
Since the tablet inhibits ovulation and prevents transport of sperm, there is nothing to worry for the second act you had within 24 hours of taking the pill.
But if you are still worried then you may proceed with the second dose.
Wishing you an early trouble free recovery. Do accept the answer if there are no further queries.
Regards.