Taken unwanted 72 after having sex. Missed periods. Enlarged breast, increased weight. Vomiting. Help

hi am geetu,i had sex with my hubby on 16.8.2012 and after that i have taken unwanted72 within 5hrs.I missed my periods, later after around two weeks my breast got enlarged and heavy,i increased weight.
and on this saturday me and my hubby again had sex and i took u72 pill after 2 days.from monday am geting vomitings till now.plz help me out what to do.
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
The delay in the periods that you had is likely to be due to the side effect of the unwanted 72 pills. It is commonly associated with hormonal disturbances and irregular periods.
the excessive vomiting is again a common side effect of a high dose hormonal pill like unwanted 72. You need to keep yourself well hydrated. This vomiting is likely to subside in a day or two after taking domperidone for symptomatic treatment.

This is a common side effect of such pills. Your routine period again can be delayed by a few days. Do not worry. This is not indicative of pregnancy.
But I would advise you to use a surer way contraception like oral pills as emergency contraceptives if taken repeatedly can cause you menstrual irregularities.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.