Taken treatment of epidermal tuberculosis. Got tested with Tb gold test and was positive. Suggest?

i have taken treatment of epidermal tuberculosis for 8and half months before one i got myself tested with tb gold test(for confirmation).in this report it shows positive but saying that this test does not differentiate active and latent stage of the disease.what should i do for confirmation.
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
TB gold test

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX,
You meant epididymal or epidermal TB ?
TB gold test positive means that you have antibodies against tuberculosis in your blood. Even if the TB is treated completely the antibodies can still remain in your blood. So don't go by this report and restart treatment. Clinically your doctor should rule out active infection and once that is done , there is no need for re treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.