Taken thoraxinne for sleeplessness. No effect. Why?

i took 50 mg of thorazinne for sleep on thur and 100 mg last night with no results does it take time to work
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 18 minutes later

Thorazine is an anti psychotic drug that is used to treat bipolar disorder,paranoia,mood swings etc.It doesnt have a sedative effect.
So using it for sleep disorder is not going be of much help.
It can however,cause mood stabilisation and relieve anxiety.
If you need a sedative then alprazolam will be more helpful.You can get a prescription from your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.