Taken steroid shot for sinus infection, taken Omnicef and Flonase. Have muscle pain and sleeplessness.

i went to walk in clinic today for sinus infection got was give a steroid shot and prescription for omnicef 300 mg and flonase now i have muscle pain in my arms and legs so bad can not sleep
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 15 minutes later

The muscular pain that you have is not related to the steroid shot or antibiotics.
What you are suffering from is most likely the ‘prodromal symptoms’ which is usual associated with many infections like sinusitis.

Please continue taking the antibiotics, in addition some painkillers like Tylenol pain relief will help. If you continue to get these pain despite the medication, you might ask your treating physician for stronger prescription medication.

Please follow these advises. They will help in faster recovery.

1. Steam inhalation 3 times daily
2. Avoid cold temperatures
3. Avoid cold food and beverages
4. Watch out for fever, extreme pain and swelling at the injection site.
Drink plenty of fluids and rest adequately.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if there are no further queries

I wish you good health