Taken rabies shots after dog bite. Feeling vibration in leg, vein and feet

Infertility Specialist
Hi doctor,

I was bitten by our family dog 50 days back it was just a small puncture around my ankle and the wound healed after 10 days and i have taken full rabies shots. I was having some vibration in my leg vein, feet veins as well arm veins and some times whole body. This vibration doesn't long for more than a second. but its very annoying. Some times it seems to me that the blood is not flowing properly in veins. This problem occurs after the first three rabies shots. The dog is a pet dog and is fine. The pet is immunized. Kindly advice.

Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
I understand your concern. Since you have taken the vaccination and the dog is also fine, I would like to reassure you that the risk of contracting rabies is almost nil.
Further, as I believe that more information can help a physician help a patient better, I would like to ask you how bad was the wound. Did the physician who gave you the vaccine, tell you what grade of the wound it was.
You are currently experiencing these sensations as the tiny nerve fibres that had been injured could be regenerating. This is producing the abnormal sensations I would suggest that you keep the wound clean and get the dressing done. Have a balanced and nutritious diet.
I would like to reassure you that there is nothing that you need to worry about at present.
I hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.
Follow-up: Taken rabies shots after dog bite. Feeling vibration in leg, vein and feet 1 hour later
Sir it was just a skin puncture on my right ankle. As the wound healed after 10 days of incident. The wound was not at all bad it was just like scratch.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 24 minutes later
Thanks for reverting back.
I would like to reassure you that you do not need to worry and your symptoms are occurring due to the regeneration of the nerves, which usually lie in the deeper tissues. What you are experiencing is just part of the healing process.
I would suggest that you take a healthy, balanced diet and forget about it. You’ll be fine in a month’s time.
Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Dr. Mahesh