Taken ovral. Suffer from abdominal pain, headache and slight bleeding. Had abortion after few weeks. Should I stop these tablets?

hi, I have taken 1st tablet of ovral l and I am suffering from abdominal pain, headache, and slight bleeding.I had abortion few weeks before. should I stop taking these tablets?
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 2 hours later
Hi Ms. Dixit,

Headache, stomach cramps, bloating and changes in menstrual periods are common side effects of the use of Ovral. They would usually settle in a few days. If the headache is severe with pain in the eyes or if the abdominal pain or bleeding becomes intense, please stop the pills immediately and contact your doctor.

You would need additional protection in the cycle if you discontinue the medication. You can take the medication as your abortion occurred two weeks ago. The pill can be administered only after 28 days after child birth.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.