Taken overdose of tylenol and advil. Is it an emergency?

i took 41 pills in the course of 18hrs (mix of tyenol and advil)... what should I do?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 34 minutes later

Thanks for the query

You have over dosed yourself on these tablets
Tylenol contains paracetamol and advil contains ibuprofen. Both of which in higher doses causes serious problems.

Advil can cause severe gastritis, vomiting, nausea, dizziness and in worse cases kidney failure and gastric ulcers.

Tylenol can cause severe gastritis, nausea and in severe cases fulminant heaptic failure.

Please go to the Emergency Room immediately without delay. Paracetamol overdose carries better prognosis when treated early.
I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further queries

I wish you good health