Taken ochre tablets for emergency contraception. Should I be worried?

ive read online that I can take logynon Ed as an emergency contraceptive. Though after reading more than one site I think I'm in trouble. Today I took 3 ochre tablets in periods of 5 hours then read somewhere you have to take 8 at one time for it to actually work. So I took 6 ochre and 2 white tablets, as well as 3 prior to that. Should I be worried?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 17 hours later

Based on your report, you have taken 9 'Ochre tablets' for emergency contraception. I would like to know the contents of ochre tablets and its doses.

Emergency contraceptive tablets are usually one tablet containing 1500 micrograms of levonorgestrel or two tablets of half the dose, taken within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse.

I have never heard (of studies) which suggest use of more than 4 tablets.
Since you have taken, there is no need to worry. Except the chances of heavy bleeding are more you should be fine.

Hope this helps. I will be available for any further queries should you have any.

Take care and regards