Taken nyquil. Blood and urine test report showed positive for methadone. Is this possible?

i would like to consult about my blood/urine test results. i have taken nyquil and was tested positive for methadone? is it possible?
could you please help me understand what this test shows?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 39 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Nyquil contains dextrometharphan which is a morphine derivative just like methadone is. Hence, it is possible for a false positive result for methadone if you had taken nyquil. Hope this addresses your concern. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Substance use specialist
Follow-up: Taken nyquil. Blood and urine test report showed positive for methadone. Is this possible? 2 minutes later
could you look at my blood/urine test and see if there are any other findings?
what does Acetaminophen serum and salicylate mean?
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 8 hours later
I have gone through your reports. Acetaminophen and salicylate are other constituents of Nyquil which are pain killers/analgesics. Hence they have turned up positive as well. There is nothing else significant or alarming in your reports.
Dr Sundar