Taken mifegest ten days ago but pregnancy test showed faint line meaning incomplete abortion. Suggest?

I have taken mifegest kit ten days ago .but the symptom and pregnancy test kit, in which one dark and other faint line appeared, indicte for incomplete what shhould I do .may I take misoprostal tab again for complete abortion.
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Repeating Misoprostol - limited expected benefits

Detailed Answer:
It seems like you have attempted pregnancy test kit result says the same.

Let me tell you this. Incomplete abortion is XXXXXXX If there are retained products of conception within the uterus, it could lead to infection within the uterus, and systemic spread causing septicemia, and further systemic complications like DIC. This can be life-threatening to you.

I do not say this to scare you but I would like a better health for you.

Yes, you may take the Misoprostol tablet again. But, what if it does not work again?

If I were in your situation, I would consult a Gynecologist at the earliest, get an ultrasound of the pelvis done, look for the retained products of conception, if any, and go ahead with surgical evacuation in the form of D and E, from the gynecologist.

It is always better to be on the safer side rather than taking risks and ending up with complications.

I hope you agree with me. All I wish is good and safe health for you.

Let me know if you have further queries.

Follow-up: Taken mifegest ten days ago but pregnancy test showed faint line meaning incomplete abortion. Suggest? 2 hours later
I am very much nervous and frightened of surgical interventions. Please tell me about the it painful
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The procedure is not painful

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

There is no need to be frightened of this surgical intervention D and E. It is very safe, and less painful. You will not feel pain at all when done under sedatives.

The retained products of conception will be removed by the gynecologist with appropriate surgical measures. You can go back home the same day within an hour of the procedure.

Please go ahead with the procedure for better results and good health in future.

Wish you quick recovery.