Taken i-pill in the past. Difficulty in conception. Due to the i-pill use?

Before marriage at the age 17 I take the ipill now at the age 20 I am married from last 4months onwards I am participated in sex I did not get the pregnant what should I do now I want to be a pregnant what should I do plz help me is any medicine should take or not plz give the correct information
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 25 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I can appreciate your concern.

Taking iPill (which contains levonorgestrel) does not affect your chances of conceiving in the future. It is an emergency contraceptive pill and its effect wears off in a week’s time.
For you to conceive, there are a few essential prerequisites:
a.     Ovulation should take place. We can determine whether you are ovulating or now using certain clinical tests and using ultrasound around day14-day 16 of your cycles.
b.     The number and other characteristics of the sperms in your husband’s semen should be normal. This can be determined by a semen analysis.
The following measures will improve your chances of conceiving:
a.     Have unprotected sexual intercourse especially during days 10-18. The frequency should be atleast on alternate days.
b.     Have a healthy, balanced diet
c.     Practice yoga and meditation to ensure you remain stress free
We can say there is a problem only if you do not conceive even after 1 year of unprotected intercourse.
If you fail to conceive within the next 6 months, I would suggest you visit your gynaecologist and get yourself evaluated.
Do not worry, everything will be fine.
I hope this answers your query. I will be glad to reply any follow up query that you have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.

Follow-up: Taken i-pill in the past. Difficulty in conception. Due to the i-pill use? 5 hours later
Sir thanks for your information sir I pill I taken is it good or bad before marriage now is there any effect will cause to me in future or now itself.this feb 19 one year completed for marriage day now I want to be a pregnant what should I do sir all are asking for pregnant what should I do sir please suggest me anything sir plz sir plz I want pregnant sir what should I do sir now sir Iam waiting for ur valuable information sir
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 8 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

First of all please relax.

I pill is a need based medicine, as you know it is used to prevent unwanted pregnancy. This drug when used repeatedly might lead to some menstrual irregularities and hormonal imbalance.

As you have completed one year of marriage and still not conceived, it is better that you visit a gynecologist and get yourself examined. As mentioned earlier your doctor will do some necessary investigations as per need like ovulation study, semen examination etc.

This will definitely help.

After getting the results of investigation further advice can be given.

Wishing you all the best,

Follow-up: Taken i-pill in the past. Difficulty in conception. Due to the i-pill use? 3 hours later
Sir thank you very much for your valuable information thanks a lot sir
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 24 minutes later

Thanks for appreciation.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention, “Dr. Pragnesh”

Wishing all the best for bright future and healthy life.

Please accept the answer.