Taken emergency contraceptive pill. Taken AF kit for vaginal infection. Can I take EC pill again?

Hi Doctor, I had taken emergency contraceptive pill one month before. And also I have some infection in vaginal area so had taken AF kit (Two Ornidazole, One Fluconazole, One Azithromycin tablets) yesterday to cure that. Can you please suggest if I can take emergency contraceptive pill today?
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 25 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

I am assuming that you took emergency contraception within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse a month ago. It is very effective when taken as I just stated. It is >95% effective.

If you have had another episode of unprotected intercourse, then by all means, you can take this again. Having a vaginal infection that is being treated as you describe will not interfere with the emergency contraception.

I hope this answers your question. If not, please clarify and I would be happy to help you!