Taken combiflam for throat pain when swallowing. Involuntary shivering. Normal?

hi doctor
I took combiflam last night to get releif from a severe throat pain when swallowing. that worked for me but late in the night I was shivering vigrously. had to take a couple of bedsheets and wear socks to make myself warmer. is that normal ?
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 24 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your concern.

I understand what you had last night is not normal. However the episode is a past event and you do not report fresh symptoms now, it would be difficult to predict the exact cause of those symptoms.

Looking at the events, there are 2 close possibilities:
1. Chills and shivering may have occurred due to allergic reaction. Rarely allergic reaction present with systemic complaints without itching and rashes.
2. You may have developed fever secondary to throat infection. Chills and shivering are part of high grade fever.

I hope you are better now. If not, describe your current symptoms (if any); I would be able to relate better.