Taken chemotherapy and Radiotherapy for pancreatic cancer. Is EGFR mutation or Her-2/neu mutation good to test for cancer?

Had whipple surgery 8'12 for dueodenal/pancreatic and lymph node cancer. Had 2 round chemo plus radiation. Cat scan clear from Feb'13 to August them markers went up from 63 August, Sept 86,815 Oct,1700 Nov.Cat scan done is now in lungs . Some of lesions are cavitated .Largest nodule located on the posterior right costophrenic angle 9mm.Spleen enlarged. I feel great. Had chemo pills left over so taking them till oncologist has mtg with other doctors this thursday. is EGFR mutation or Her-2/neu mutation good to test for?
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 5 hours later
Brief Answer: low dose continuous oral chemotherapy Detailed Answer: Dear, Thanks for referring the question to Healthcare magic. You already had chemotherapy and Radiotherapy for the tumor. As such, these pancreatic cancers are resistant to chemotherapy as well as radiation therapy, the metastasis has occurred to lungs as well. Now further surgical option and radiation option are out. The only option is to continue with chemotherapy. These drugs are in the form of targeted chemotherapy or conventional. Your Doctors will also advise accordingly after they have a conference to give you the option for the best effective chemotherapy, which could be by single drug or by combination chemotherapy. According to my experience, to be devoid of side effects of chemotherapy and for longer duration of response, low dose continuous oral chemotherapy may be considered which you can discuss with your doctor who will further discuss with you the possibility of such modality of treatment. I wish you good luck. Truly, Dr. J. Ticku