Taken ayurveda, homeopathy treatment for allergic rhinitis and skin rashes. Got cured. Any suggestion?

ENT Specialist
Hi doctor , after the treatment of Allergic rhinitis (running nose, itchy eyes, nasal congestion, very rare cough, no head ache) , i developed skin rash (red , itchy) , around elbow and side of wrist.
I develop Allergic rhinitis in monsoon season and rashes during summer. It will be very rare when i will have both type of allergy. it aggravates when i travel to new city.
Have gone through sinus operation in 2009 after excessive use of otrivin . Started ayurveda treatment for rhinitis which cured completely but rashes started appearing .
Then started homeopathy where medication of both allergy were prescribed every alternate week. after suppression of one type of allergy , other appear. So i have both but symptoms have subsided .
Please suggest me what i need to do.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for yur query.

I have gone through your query regarding alleric menifestations. You have also given history of you sinus surgery in 2009, and have taken auyerved and homeopathy treatment for allergic rhinitis and skin allergy.

You are advice to take long acting anti allergic like fexofenadine 120 mg daily.And for permanent relief it will be better to go for skin test for identification of allergen than desensatization by suitable vaccines.

I hope this will help you.

Follow-up: Taken ayurveda, homeopathy treatment for allergic rhinitis and skin rashes. Got cured. Any suggestion? 58 minutes later
Hi Doc,

Thanks for reply. But is it true that curing the allergy rhinitis causes skin allergy to come up. Or this is just coincidentally happened to me. and why rashes are shown at arms (near elbow) , is it because of sun light as one doctor had advised me to use sun cream. I do not see such rashes at other parts of body (apart from once at the back of neck) . Do i need to go through some detox program?

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 27 minutes later

Welcome again in H.C.M. for carification of doubts.

You have developed one allergic menfestation after the cure of one this is a coincidental happening. For Allergy I would like to say allergy can be controlled but never cure. Whenever the control is prolong one may think it as cure but it is not so allergy may reoccur whatsoever treatment you have taken.

These are the favourable condition for precipitation of allergy in any part of body-

(1) Moisture and humidity- As in arm pits and groin, Nasal cavity, mouth and oral cavity,

(2) Direct sun light & atmospheric temp change- as face, arm and hands.

(3) Part of body which may come in contact with allergen.

I hope this may help you clarification of your doubts.