Taken a long hot bath and have increased heart beat. Should I be worried?

Good Morning,
I have taken a long hot bath and my heart beats fast. It has lasted for 1 hour. How could you explain that ? Thank you !

Excuse my English because I'm a french woman.
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 43 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Increased heart beat is known as tachycardia and your feeling is known as palpitations. Heart beats are regulated by sympathetic (stimulatory ) and parasympathetic (inhibitory) system.
Hot bath , stress, running or anxiety increases heart rate by stimulating sympathetic system. So it is just a normal phenomenon. More details are quite difficult to understand.
In short you need not to worry about this thing too much. Just be relax.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Follow-up: Taken a long hot bath and have increased heart beat. Should I be worried? 11 hours later
Early this morning I went to the Hospital because I had fever. The doctor told me that I was fighting an infection. She told me not to worry. I still have fever now. I have taken 2 tylenols. Thanks for your answer.

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 44 minutes later
Hi, welcome back XXXXXXX.
Fever may be the cause for increased heart beats. Continue taking Tylenol. If fever persists then revisit your physician . In that case may need few investigations with antibiotics.
Keep monitoring body temperature.