Taken a full body diode, soprano accord, laser hair removal package. Not safe in the scrotum area?

hi, this is a 34yrs old male, i have taken a full body XXXXXXX diode (soprano accord) laser hair removal package but the doctor is not ready to treat the scrotum area with the laser, but i am looking for a complete body hair free experience, hence wanna know, is it safe to apply laser on scrotum? if not why, please reply in details.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 14 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

The Soprano laser is a good option.

I do not see any reason to not treat the scrotal area.
There should not be any problem.

I think your doctor's concern may be the pain or the possibility of damage to the testes (for which there is no scientific evidence).
The diode laser is reasonably safe over the scrotal skin and has no effect on fertility or potency.
Pain may be reduced by EMLA application or cooling of the skin prior to laser.

I think you should discuss this with your doctor and show your confidence in him/her. I am sure you will get the procedure done.

I hope I have answered your query