Taken Zytromax for cough but still feel the same. Please help

I Have a cough that's just going away, i went to a clinic about 6 days ago and the doctor gave Zytromax but never gave a diagnosis. I finished all the medication he gave me but i still feel the same.I've had this cough for over 3 months. Please Help
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later

A chronic cough may denote a serious underlying pathology:
- If it's productive - making excess sputum it may be tuberculosis,
- If not productive then it may be a viral infection,

Other possibilities are chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or a manifestation of hyper reactive airways or an Onset of bronchial asthma.

Getting your chest examined by a chest physician along with investigations like complete blood count (CBC), erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), results of the aforementioned tests.

Hope this answer your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Wish you a great health