Taken Victofol for low hemoglobin. How long will it take to come back to normal level?

hemoglobin level was 6
from 23rd May, 15 injections of victofol taken
one victofol tablet per day also has been taken
hameglobin increased to 8.27
how much time it will take to come back to normal level of 10/11

Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

Your question is a good one and I will do my best to provide you with good information and recommendations regarding your concerns.

In your case you have anemia which is related to iron deficiency. You have been given iron supplementation and there has been a good increment in your hemoglobin since the supplementation has started.

Generally it will take at least a few months for the hemoglobin to get back to a more normal level. I am happy that you have experienced a 30% improvement in your hemoglobin at this time.

I would give this another 6 to 8 weeks to see how well your hemoglobin responds. Hopefully you will feel more energized and less fatigue is your hemoglobin returns to normal.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to discuss those with you

Dr Robert

Follow-up: Taken Victofol for low hemoglobin. How long will it take to come back to normal level? 3 minutes later
1. what dose of victofol will bring level back to normal
2. i want to know which food items will help accelerate the process
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 hours later
Thank you for your follow-up question.

Victofol - one tablet per day is appropriate for you. I would continue that for the time being.

Regarding appropriate foods I would recommend that you Incorporate XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, corn, carrots, celery, avocados and spinach into your diet. This will also help to improve your account.

Thank you again for the question and follow up. If you have additional concerns please let me know.

Dr. Robert