Taken Regesterone, had unprotected sex, taken ipill. Will there be any side effects due to taking both pills?

Question
i have taken regesterone tablets 3 in no's for three days and on the 3rd i.e, last day of my regesterone course i had multiple times of unprotected sex withing a duration of 20 hours with my husband and within 24 hours(from the first time unproteced sex of that day) i had taken i-pill. I am just waiting fr my periods.
- will it cause any severe side effects as i have taken both the pills?
- do i need to consult any doctor? if yes, in what situation i need to consult a dcotor.
- Is there any chance of getting pregnancy?
- I have already taken i pill two times around 3 months before. will this cause any infertility in me?
- I want to avoid taking any contraception pills as we are not planing for kids for atleast 2 years. I am alergic to condom. which condom my husband uses it causes unbearable burning sensation in my vagina. What contraception i can use in this situation?
Please answer my queries.
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Answers to your queries is as following:-

(i) Every drug has some side effects and severity varies from person to person.

(ii) In case you develop any serious side effect, please consult a doctor.

(iii) Chance of pregnancy is negligible.

(iv) As these are hormonal pills, its frequent use can damage ovaries and can cause menstrual problems. Continuous use can reduce future chance of pregnancy.

(v)For contraception many methods are available.
You should consult a doctor/Gynecologist to discuss various methods available so that she can suggest most suitable method for you as per your acceptance.

If you have further query,please feel free to ask.

With best wishes,

Follow-up: Taken Regesterone, had unprotected sex, taken ipill. Will there be any side effects due to taking both pills? 2 hours later
Hi Doctor XXXXXXX

Thanks for your reply.
I will definitely stop using i-pill going forward. But,
- As i have already asked, I have already taken 3 i pills in a duration of 5 months. As of now is there any chance of ovary damage or infertility? Please answer, as this question created tension for me.
- And, I have consulted a doctor regarding the contraception method, and according to the doctor using condoms is the only method for my situation (as i am not planing for kids at least for 2-3 years) So is the condoms only best solution? If yes, its troubling me. Please suggest any alternate method.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 3 hours later

Welcome again,

It can harm, doesn't mean that it will harm in every case.

3 I-pills in 5 months are not expected to harm, but this time you have taken 3 tablets of regesterone also for 3 days.

I-pill should be used for contraception in emergency only.

Instead using condom you can try Diaphragm as barrier method. or,

You can try Calender based methods like rhythm and standard days method. or,

You can use fertility monitors like Gynecologist and select a method which suits you.

With best wishes,