Taken Rabipur vaccine after delay of two weeks from infection. Any risk of rabies?

Hi, My name is XXXXXXX

I have taken rabipur vaccine on 0,7,14,28 and 90 days after 2-3 weeks as dog licked my hand.I dont know whether my skin was broken or not. This incident happened in nov-2012. At the time of vaccine i have no problem and i was alright. Today I am also perfect. My question is that as i took vaccine 2-3 weeks later,is there any risk of rabies or do i have to take more rabipur vaccine or any other medicine or is there any need to take human rabies immunoglobin medicine.
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 56 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to Healthcare magic.You had Licks by the dog, that is least important type of exposure and per se does not need immunoglobulin treatment.You have taken Rabipur well in time, that is before onset of symptoms and now you are fully protected against Rabies.You do not need any further vaccine/medicine in this regard.Rabies have variable lag period to develop but 90% cases happen in first three months time.I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Taken Rabipur vaccine after delay of two weeks from infection. Any risk of rabies? 1 hour later
Thank you so much for your response.

I have some queries regarding HIV/AIDS:

1. Is AIDS and HIV same disease or different.
2. This disease is 100% curable or not. If not then what vaccine to be taken before the symptoms to avoid disease and if disease happens to a person then what is the medical procedure.
3. What are the symptoms and in how many days symptoms occur.
4. Whats are ways of spreading the disease.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 27 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX Welcome back.HIV and AIDS are a continuum of disease process. HIV is a virus that causes infection and paralyses the immune system in due course of time. Then patient can get other opportunistic infections which is called AIDS.The disease is not curable till date and there is no proven vaccine. If one gets exposed to a suspected HIV positive person then post exposure prophylaxis should be taken in form of antiretroviral regimen under specialist supervision.The disease speeds through unprotected sex but can also spread to common needle drug abusers, unhygienic injections, needle stick injuries and from infected mother to unborn baby.It is very current topic and for more details about the problem please log on to naco website for detailed and latest updates.I hope I have answered your question.
Follow-up: Taken Rabipur vaccine after delay of two weeks from infection. Any risk of rabies? 27 minutes later
Thanks for your response.

One more question :

Can a person suffering from HIV/AIDS lead a Normal perfect life with the full life span with the help of proper medicines and precautions.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 20 hours later
Welcome back.
Answer to your query is a partial Yes!
An HIV patient can live a normal life but not a normal life span despite all medications and precautions.
Medicines can slow the progress but can not halt it, in due course the infection progresses slowly and opportunistic infections and malignancies ultimately take their toll and person dies before his natural life span which would depend on his back ground health and treatment facilities and access to amenities like nutrition, clean environment etc.
I hope I have answered your question.