Taken Primolut to delay periods, now heavy bleeding and stomach cramps. Should I be worried?

Hi, I took Primolut N to delay my period but i think i got the dates wrong as I started it a day before my period was due, and instead i started with a little spotting that evening. I continued to take the primolut the next 2 days but carried on getting very light bleeding so i stopped it. The bleeding got heavier but not very heavy. After i took the first Primolut, 4 days later the bleeding was heavier. It has now been 5 days since the heavier bleeding started. Yesterday I thought it had stopped as I was clear the whole day, but today it has started again with the same light stomach cramps. I have only even taken Primolut N once to delay my period which was last year and it worked fine. Should i be worried or just wait for the bleeding to stop.
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 2 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
I think you may opt to wait & see if there is no chance of a pregnancy ( In that case I recommend you to have a pregnancy test & a pelvic scan ).
It is wise to start this medicine at least one week before periods if you want postponement. Otherwise irregular bleeding like yours may occur.
If this settles by your next period then hopefully there is nothing much of concern.
Please write back if you have any question.
Hope you get well soon.