Taken Primolut to delay periods, had unprotected sex. Do I need to take ipill?

Question
i am 28 years old. My last period held on 15 august. My avg. Period is 24 days. From 7th september to 10th i have taken Primolut N two tablet each daily to delay my period. But on 9th september i did unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Is May i need to take ipill to avoid pregnancy ?
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 55 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

You had unprotected sexual intercourse on 9th September, means it was your time for your period if you did not take Primolut N.

This is the safest period and again you were on Primolut N tablet so there are no chances of having pregnancy.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Taken Primolut to delay periods, had unprotected sex. Do I need to take ipill? 1 hour later
upto when i have to take primolut n to avoid pregnancy ? Is there any requirement to take ipill or any other emergency contraceptive pill ?

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 10 minutes later
Hi AAAA

Thanks for writing back.

Tablet primolut N is not used for avoiding pregnancy. It is used for delaying periods. You took it for the same reason as well. Therefore, you may stop taking this tablet now and within 2-3 days you will get your period.

I do not think there is a need to take I pill tablet or any other contraceptive pill now.

I answered your query. If you do not have further query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Taken Primolut to delay periods, had unprotected sex. Do I need to take ipill? 53 minutes later
at any cost i could not get pregnant at this time. So may i fully confident that there is no chance of pregnancy this time.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 hours later
Hi AAAA

Thanks for writing back.

If your period as you said is normal and have 24 days cycle then there is no chance of having pregnancy.

In any case, if your next menstrual cycle does not happen on time, please do a home pregnancy test.