Taken Pin-X treatment after cloves, wormwood, and green walnut hull tinture, still itching. What?

Question
Took Pin-X treatment after 3 weeks of cloves, wormwood, and XXXXXXX walnut hull tincture. I passed worms during 3 weeks but still experienced itching so I took the treatment last night. This morning is much less itching, but shouldn't there be no more itchiness? What should I do?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 6 hours later

You have taken Pin X treatment twice in a span of 3 weeks.
Usually this is sufficient to eradicate the Pin Worms.

Because reinfestation from existing pinworm eggs in the home is possible, its advisable you treat family members as well to prevent cross infection.

Also you can wait for one week and take a repeat dosage.

Stool R/M can be considered to rule out any other worm infestation.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran

Follow-up: Taken Pin-X treatment after cloves, wormwood, and green walnut hull tinture, still itching. What? 6 hours later
I have only taken Pin-X once, that was night before last. I only did so because when after 3 weeks of herbal remedy I was still experiencing symptoms, I became desperate for relief. Why did the I mentioned not work, why did Pin-X not work?

Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later
Well.

If you still have symptoms after taking Pin-X, generally doctors repeat dosage after 1 week. It usually takes few days before you start feeling better.

If it still persists, you might consider getting yourself evaluated by getting a stool examination.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran