Taken Ovral G by mistake, planning to get pregnant. Periods started. Possible to get pregnant?

May 2013
I have mistakenly taken overal G for last 2-3 yrs, and now planning to become pegnant. My periods has started 2 days before. i think that i'll stop the medicine from this cycle. Is it possible for me to become pregnant . I am scraed since some people said me that i will neve be pregnant since i ahve taken the medicine for such a long time. please confirm
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Ovral-G is combined oral contraceptive pill which is used for contraceptive purpose and also in treatment of many menstrual disorders,
it is not true that because of using these pills for 3 years you can never become pregnant,
three years period is not too long period for pills in general,
the pills will prevent pregnancy till you use them, during that time there will be suspension of ovulation,
after stopping the pills the ovulation will return, it may take few weeks to months.
once the ovulation returns you can conceive,
so around the middle of the month you track your ovulation with cervical mucus method or better by ovulation kit and plan intercourse around that time which will increase the chances of fertility.
you may have to repeat it for 2 to 3 months if the returning of ovulation delays.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.