Taken Ofloxacine and ornidazole combination. Can I consume alcohol now?

I have taken Ofloxacine and ornidazole combination 200 each. Can I consume little alcohol?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 36 minutes later

Ofloxacin and Ornidazole both are antibiotic used commonly in cases of infective diarrhoea, gastrointestinal infection, like Ornidazole, metronidazole, tinidazole, etc. Ornidazole can react with alcohol dangerously and cause disulfiram like reactions. This reaction can cause symptoms like:-
-Flushing or heated feeling of the skin,
-Increased heart rate,
-Shortness of breath,
-Severe nausea, vomiting,
-Throbbing headache,
-Visual disturbance,
-Mental confusion,
-Postural syncope,
-Circulatory collapse.

Alcohol with Ornidazole can cause really bad reaction and can be life threatening so please do not consume alcohol even in the smallest amount.

Hope this answer is helpful to you. Let me know if you have any more concerns.
Please accept this answer and close the discussion if you have no further queries.

Take care and Regards