Taken Mifepristone and Misoprostol, started bleeding. When will next period start?

Question
Hello i am 23 year old and i have taken mifepristone and misoprostol on 10 februry and started bleeding on 12th feb and ends at 17 feb. till now i dont have started my next period please suggest when will next mensuration will start ?? Is there any medicene which can be taken ??
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Normally after the one month or so you should have next period.

Please note that after taking this kind of tablets for abortion pills some disturbances in monthly cycle is very common.

Still it is almost one and half months since the bleeding has stopped, it is advisable that you visit a gynecologist and get your self examined in case you do not have your periods in one week.

One needs to look for any retained products or some other hormonal imbalances.

I know that you might have reasons for not visiting a doctor, but in case you do not have your periods in one week, examination is must.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up query that you have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Taken Mifepristone and Misoprostol, started bleeding. When will next period start? 33 minutes later
what do you say if we take meperate ?

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Meprate contains progesterone. This tablet is used for reprogramming of menstrual cycle in women as per need.

This is a hormone and no hormonal tablets should be taken without proper diagnosis and examination.

It is advisable that you take this only after gynecologist advice.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Taken Mifepristone and Misoprostol, started bleeding. When will next period start? 1 minute later
what would you advice can it be taken or not ??

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 12 minutes later

Please understand that this a prescription drug.

Without seeing the patient in person no prescription can be given. This is even not permitted by law.

Again it is important for your health that you visit a doctor in person.

As I wrote earlier you might have reason for not visiting a doctor, but I think it is required.

What I can do is to guide you properly so that you can take appropriate action and make an informed decision.

Dr.Pragnesh