Taken Mensovit to terminate pregnancy but now changed my mind. Has the medicine affected the fetus?

Hi iam 4 weeks pregnant and I decided not have a baby at this point as I had a baby in XXXXXXX 2011 so I had taken mensovit plus capsules last week but it did nothing but now iam thinking to continue the baby if I do does the capsule effect the baby inside please help me
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 38 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Mensovit plus is usually prescribed for menstrual irregularities and in case of delayed periods. It is not recommended for termination of pregnancy.

Any medicine taken during this time can affect the growing baby and it is not recommended to take any medications as it is during the first trimester that organogenesis(organ formation of the baby) occurs.
Kindly visit a gynaecologist for clinical examination and required investigations as USG scan which would help in knowing the foetal well being and thus you would be guided accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow query if any.