Taken Lupride injection after laparatomy for endometriosis. No periods. Side effect of medication or pregnancy?

I had lapratomy for my endemetriosis on 28th XXXXXXX and had lupride 3.75 injection on 3rd day of my period i.e.17th july. My period date is 14th august and till today it has not come.
is it side effect of lupride or i m pregannt.?? (home preg. kit shows negative)
pls reply

Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Hi Ca,
Thanks for trusting us for your health related queries.
Lupride injection is actually a hormone, which creates an artificial menopause & therefore used for the treatment of hormone dependent conditions like endometriosis & fibroids.
It is an expected response not to have a period once you are on this injection.
Don't worry this effect is transient & if all else remains okay your periods are expected to return back once you discontinue this therapy.
Hope I have addressed your concerns. Please write back if you have any question.
Wish you good health.
Best regards.