Taken Hynidase injections for oral submucosa fibrosis. Estimated cost of jaw dilation exercise?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Question
Sir,
I am a patient of oral submucousa fibrosis, mouth opens around two inches only. Already undergoing treatment. Taken seven weekly injections of (Hynidase +hydrocortison). Now need to do jaw dilation exercise. Pz let me know where and how can I procure the Jaw Dilation exercise instrument ,estimated cost of that and supplying agency as well.
I am XXXXXXX, Email: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

As you are undergoing treatment for OSMF, I am sure your mouth opening will increase with jaw opening exercises.
Heisters jaw stretcher, works well in Oral submucous fibrosis cases. It belongs to orthomax company(Rs 600-800 cost approximately). Though other companies may be providing the same.

Mouth opening will increase to an extent with medicines, injections and stretching exercises but you must understand that to gain complete opening the only treatment option available is surgery. After the surgery, if exercises are continued for one year then trismus(reduced mouth opening) does not recur.

Do let me know if you have more queries.