Taken Hepatitis B vaccination, homoeopathic medicine for jaundice. Is it necessary to vaccinate again?

I have taken Hepatitis B Vaccination 3 years back and also the Homeopathic medicine last year as a preventive action towards the Jaundice last year.

Does it make sense for me to get vaccinated every year ? In general, whats the norm for Hepatitis B vaccination ?

Thanks & regards,
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 22 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

For Hepatitis B vaccination one has to go for full course of vaccination. This consists of three doses taken at zero (present time), three months and 6 months after the first dose. Usually when the full course is given, immunity can last for minimum of 10 years to life long.

A test to detect hepatitis B titres which will decide the need of vaccination again can be done through your physician.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask; I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Taken Hepatitis B vaccination, homoeopathic medicine for jaundice. Is it necessary to vaccinate again? 56 minutes later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX

I have receieved the answer for my query.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 3 hours later

You are welcome. Please close this query for now if you do not have any other queries. Any feedback is appreciated.

Wish you good day.