Taken HSG 5000 injections yet egg not ruptured. Is IUI timing correct?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
my period starts 2/3/2013.my 3rd iui was done 14/3/2013 and my egg was not ruputured. in 15 th also egg is not ruputured .i have already 3 hsg5000 injection .today my egg size 24/20 and 20/18 and endotorium 10. today.my iui timig is correct or not.what can i do now?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later

Usually IUI should be planned after confirming the rupture of the ovarian follicle only.
That will increase the possibility of pregnancy.
But as your follicle didn't rupture 2 days after IUI also, the possibility of pregnancy is some what less.
As you achieved the sufficient growth of the follicle but it didn't rupture, you better wait for spontaneous rupture of the follicle. You can follow this with follicular study. And you can go for repeat IUI procedure after rupture of the follicle.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Taken HSG 5000 injections yet egg not ruptured. Is IUI timing correct? 7 minutes later
any risk in repeted iui
pls tell me which medicine i take now?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Usually when IUI repeated in strict aseptic precautions and husband semen is injected, there may not be any additional risk.
You can continue folic acid supplementation now. After rupture of the follicle and repeat IUI you can take progesterone supplementation with your doctor's advice.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.