Taken Fluconazole and Lomexin orally. Nasty side effects?

I was given Lomexin and Fluconazole today and the instructions on both packages said to "Take One Immediately" - which I did.
Now that I'm reading the enclosed leaflets I've realised that the Lomexin was not supposed to be taken orally...
Since I've taken it orally; should I expect any nasty side effects???
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 9 minutes later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what you have reported.

From the information you have provided you state that two medications were taken by mouth but you believe one of them may have been something you should have used via the vagina. This is certainly concerning, but it does not represent any type of life-threatening process. Your body will process the medication and it will not lead to any long-term damage to deliver kidneys or any other part of your body.

What is important to observe for at this time is adequate resolution of the infection which was being treated. I recommend you contact your physician to be advised regarding a possible additional prescription to use the medication as prescribed or as appropriate on the administration instructions.

Again let me reassure you that this is not a XXXXXXX situation.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. As always I am available if you have any additional follow-up concerns.