Taken Concerta instead of Adipex for weight loss. Feeling nervous and jittery. How long will this last?

I am prescribed adipex for weight loss. I ran out on Friday, and today decieded to take a concerta 37mg. I feel nervous and jittery now. How long will this last? At what point should I go to the hospital?
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Concerta is associated with side effects like fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats,
feeling like you might pass out, agression, restlessness, hallucinations, unusual behavior, or motor tics, etc.
Since you are having these symptoms, you can reduce the dosage to half- 18mg and let your body be accustomed to its effects. The effects should subside gradually in next 3-4 days.
In case your heart beat goes above 120 and is irregular with any chest pain or dizziness, you need to rush to ER for a detailed evaluation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.